Mugwort has an affinity for the female reproductive system and is used as a uterine stimulant that can bring on menstruation that is delayed and help restore a woman’s natural monthly cycle.
As all the bitter herbs, mugwort is an excellent stimulant to the digestive system and is quite effective taken before or after heavy meals to alleviate gas and bloating.
Principal medicinal uses are for:
– Anti spasmodic (reduces spasms)
– Bowel pain
– Alleviates colds, fever and flu
– Lowers blood glucose levels
– Anti depressant
– Enhances dreams
– Digestive stimulant
– Excessive menstrual bleeding and cramps
– Harm reduction of tobacco or cannabis
– Regulates hormones
– Soothes nervous system