Nettle is such a wonderful tonic that is high in a wide range of nutrients such as complex sugars and lectins. Nettle contains prostaglandins which have properties that support resistance to redness and irritation.
A solution of the extract may be applied to the skin to relieve joint pain and muscle aches. Astringent properties of nettle aerial parts may also help to lessen the swelling of haemorrhoids and stop bleeding from minor skin injuries such as razor cuts.
Nettle has been studied extensively and has shown promise in treating Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, asthma, bladder infections, bronchitis, bursitis, gingivitis, gout, hives, kidney stones, laryngitis, multiple sclerosis, PMS, prostate enlargement, sciatica, and tendinitis.
The many benefits of nettle are
- High mineral content herb
- Boosts immune system
- Supports urinary tract, nervous system, respiratory tract, digestive and endocrine systems
- Fights coughs and tuberculosis
- Loosens congestion and opens bronchial airways
- Anti-arthritic, anti-rheumatic and helpful for joint and muscle conditions
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Natural diuretic