It also contains all 8 essential amino acids and has 18 amino acids in total. It is rich in Vitamins A, Beta-carotene, B1, B2, B6, E, and K. It contains salts, chlorophyll, phytonutrients and enzymes.
It is the best source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which is necessary as an anti-inflammatory for the nervous system. The phycocyanin that it contains is a potent health builder.
Traditionally used for:
- Its anti-inflammatory activity
- Removing toxins from the blood
- Boosting immune system
- Rich source of nutrients including iron, magnesium and trace minerals
- Increasing fat metabolism
- Removing heavy metals in the body
- Liver purifier
- Anti-cancer agent
- It is useful for protecting against radioactive exposure or therapies